MY STUPID QeStION: Can 4x AGP work with 2X AGP slot??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please ban this moron?
it's being taken care of ;)

Anyway, I don't know about getting the FX cards as my old ASUS board was only AGP 4x and when I tried putting in the FX card it made my system freeze, so I needed a whole new motherboard to buy...... So really I don't know about AGP 2x..

a 5200 in that?? whats the point?!?! hes not going to be able to do anything with that then he would with a TNT2 cause his system is such a bottlenecker...

trust me.. go to ebay (or somewhere else) and get a tnt2 pro or a geforce 2 mx400 (even those are overkills in your system)... i used to have a tnt2 pro (up to 3 months ago :eek: ) and it was one hell of a card

Yea, i can't believe somebody suggested an FX 5700! That would be a total waste for your system ATI. Get one of those ones that quartz01 suggested.

"Bottleneclace..."

Nubius said:
it's being taken care of ;)

Thanks! ;)

Anyway, I don't know about getting the FX cards as my old ASUS board was only AGP 4x and when I tried putting in the FX card it made my system freeze, so I needed a whole new motherboard to buy...... So really I don't know about AGP 2x.. [/B]
......Oh.... :amazed: OK-well, that's scary! could you imagine if i tried to put an AGP 4x into a 2x then? it might EXPLODE!! lol :confused: Hmm... I'll just go with the old TNT2 Pro like Quartz01 said, and see what happens. THANKS! :D

agp speed is always backward compatible its the voltage that matters.the older 2x agp 1.00 cards dont use the correct voltage to function in the 1.5 volt agp slots , but a 1.5 volt agp card should work with older 2x agp 1.0 slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom