Looking for SSD/HDD advice

^ Thanks for the input! Ok, should I go with a 256 version or stick to a 128? I plan on streaming guild wars 2 with xsplit and using playclaw to record my games. I use sony vegas pro to edit my videos so maybe get the 128 as a boot drive/game drive and record the videos to it. Do the editing and then after they are rendered I can save them on the the 650gb HDD... Suggestions?

Well, since I guess he didn't see my post he is going to record his games to his SSD. A 5 minutes 1080p recording can be up to 4+ GB. Games + OS on my 120GB fills pretty quickly. I can only imagine him not paying attention to the sheer size of videos and fills up his SSD quickly.

I seriously suggest recording to the actual HDD instead. The speed of the drive is no problem and it's what I do over a network. I don't get any lag issues at all that way.

Well, since I guess he didn't see my post he is going to record his games to his SSD. A 5 minutes 1080p recording can be up to 4+ GB. Games + OS on my 120GB fills pretty quickly. I can only imagine him not paying attention to the sheer size of videos and fills up his SSD quickly.

I seriously suggest recording to the actual HDD instead. The speed of the drive is no problem and it's what I do over a network. I don't get any lag issues at all that way.

I did see your post but you have clarified that recording to the HDD is fine... I'll get the 128 then have playclaw set to record to my HDD... SSD for games and OS... Thanks again guys. Really quick, what is the difference between the 2 128gb drives I posted?

I think the desktop upgrade one has SATA cables with it. And the 3.5 bay adapter. If you don't need that, get the cheaper one.

I did see your post but you have clarified that recording to the HDD is fine... I'll get the 128 then have playclaw set to record to my HDD... SSD for games and OS... Thanks again guys. Really quick, what is the difference between the 2 128gb drives I posted?
Well SSDs have only been around a few years and before that people only had HDDs to record to. I would think they would be fine. :p

The WD Black line is the only five year warranties out there IIRC. that would be my suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom