Shopping for a Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to take a look at eBay. Looks like they havn't hit the US retailers yet.

I finally found it on Newegg, it just wasn't listed under the 939 socket heatsinks. I'm still not sure it will work, though - it says it supports K7 and K8, but my Asus Motherboard is A8.....

dk said:
I finally found it on Newegg, it just wasn't listed under the 939 socket heatsinks. I'm still not sure it will work, though - it says it supports K7 and K8, but my Asus Motherboard is A8.....

what asus mobo you getting... link me

hmm weird... never heard of A8... the bracker around the socket looks like it would work tho... thats the same bracket that my msi board had b4 i had to return it

Well, from what I've read I think I'm going to go for it. I finally looked up what the deal is with the 3400+ being 939 instead of 754 - it's a limited-edition thing, only OEM, and has a 800Mhz FSB. It's not even listed in the AMD site, but there's a good thread about making it work with certain mobo's (including the Asus A8V) here: http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=28311

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom