@nline

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am having a huge problem with my this PC:

PC name is Acer
CPU: AMD A10 5700 quad-core processor
RAM: 12GB DDR3 memory
HDD: 1TB Hard Drive

My computer says "Windows is shutting down" and then does not close down. Nothing happening at all. It still remain on screen "Windows is shutting down" :confused:

This is a brand new PC. Please help me. Thanks

Could be a program running that won't quit. What all are you running in the background? Might want to check msconfig just to verify what loads on startup.

Before I shut down.
I press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to see that if there is any program running?
But no program is there. Then I click on "Shut Down" after that it takes a long time and nothing happening at all . . .:(

I don`t know how many time I have to turn my PC off with a wrong way.:( Because it does not close down automatically. :very_angry:

I am also connecting 2 different HDD. 250HDD and 500HDD. PC Original HDD is 1TB. Could it be the problem?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
The drives should have nothing to do with it. I think this is more software driven. What programs do you have running on the right of your task bar?

The programs that are running on the right of my task bar are following:

McAfee Total Protection
Bluetooth

Bad choice, superagentx. All registry is made up of is text files. REmoving one or many will actually make your system slower, because the computer looks for that registry file.

Something is either not letting go of your memory or you have conflicting software. I remember a time a while back that if you you had Roxio software and installed Nero, your pc would not shut down because these disk burning software's did not get along and took it out on your pc.
Can you provide a list of your software listed in programs and features ?

Another thing you can check for something is look at the Reliability history and see if that shows anything. just type reliability into the search box and it will give you a history of any errors or warnings

There must be some hardware problem. Call a computer technician as soon as possible. And till then don't use your system.
:TheFuu:

Something is either not letting go of your memory or you have conflicting software. I remember a time a while back that if you you had Roxio software and installed Nero, your pc would not shut down because these disk burning software's did not get along and took it out on your pc.
Can you provide a list of your software listed in programs and features ?

Another thing you can check for something is look at the Reliability history and see if that shows anything. just type reliability into the search box and it will give you a history of any errors or warnings

Yes, I installed NERO11 and MicroSoft Business 2010. But I have had enough from this acer Desktop PC. Finally I returned it back. What I didn`t wanted to do:(

Back
Top Bottom