Broken laptop screen

julietmon

Beta member
Hi,
I have this problem that my laptop was broken by someone and now the screen is broken. It turns on normally, but it's completely useless since the screen is white and all scratched, I can't see anything... It's impossible to make him pay for a new pc or the repair, so I am asking how much would the repair cost?I heard they are really expensive and a new pc might become cheaper...it's a HP 620 laptop, only about a year old...

Also I thought that if I would buy a travel insurance now(it was broken when I travelled about 4 months ago)and then try to get the money from an insurance company, would the person who repairs it be able to see when it was last used and broken(before I got the insurance)?Or would they just replace the screen and not see when it was last used?That would be an insurance fraud I am afraid if I would be caught...but I just feel it is so unfair that a pc I bought with my money was broken and I have to pay for repairing it or buying a new one...

Please help!

Hi,
I have this problem that my laptop was broken by someone and now the screen is broken. It turns on normally, but it's completely useless since the screen is white and all scratched, I can't see anything... It's impossible to make him pay for a new pc or the repair, so I am asking how much would the repair cost?I heard they are really expensive and a new pc might become cheaper...it's a HP 620 laptop, only about a year old...

Also I thought that if I would buy a travel insurance now(it was broken when I travelled about 4 months ago)and then try to get the money from an insurance company, would the person who repairs it be able to see when it was last used and broken(before I got the insurance)?Or would they just replace the screen and not see when it was last used?That would be an insurance fraud I am afraid if I would be caught...but I just feel it is so unfair that a pc I bought with my money was broken and I have to pay for repairing it or buying a new one...

Please help!

I see your in a very tight jam, and I know you don't want to pay for repair cost by hp or any other business.
If we could, one of us here could do the repairs for you with a small fee, but for now, that won't be happening not unless there is a change in policy at TF.net.

Amazon.com: HP 620 LAPTOP LCD SCREEN 15.6" WXGA HD LED DIODE (SUBSTITUTE REPLACEMENT LCD SCREEN ONLY. NOT A LAPTOP ): Computers & Accessories
This is what you need, if you dont have any knowledge of replacing the screen yourself, I recommend you get with a computer shop you trust and have them do it.

I have purchased screens from this place many times before and I have never had an issue with ay screens quality or fit. They even have a good guide on how to replace your screen and how to order the right one. Cost is usually around $100. Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less, depends on the model and size of your screen

Identify your Laptop LCD Screen Part Number

you'd be surprised on how easy you can do this for yourself
edit: you can get an extra $5. off with "bliss5off" coupon code

Thanks for the replies...I have absolutely no idea how to change the screen by myself...How much would it all cost if it was fixed by a professional?

And how about plugging the laptop to another pc screen or TV?Is that difficult?One man said to me that you just plug it in and then from the laptop's screen I choose to use pc screen instead of the laptop screen...I obviously can't do that because the screen is broken!Is it possible to use my laptop by TV or another PC screen?

Back
Top Bottom