Building a gaming computer please help!

memau0506

Beta member
Ok, for my boyfriends birthday I want to build him a desktop. I honestly do not know anything about computers so I am doing all of this off of reading forums such as this and friends advice. I have a few things picked out and I want to know opinions.

A few quick things. I am trying to stay on a low budget but still give him a quality computer. He is going to use it for a lot of gaming. He works nights and on his nights off he will most likely log a lot of hours on his games. I am not sure of what games he will be playing though.

Anyways this is what I have so far...

Case:
Either the Azza orion 2020x0 or the apevia x-dreamer3-rd

Motherboard:
Asus f1a75-m pro R2.0 fmi amd a75 (hudson d3) hdmi sata 6gb usb3.0 micro atx amd motherboard with uefi bios

Processor:
AMD fx-6200 zambezi 3.8GHz socket am3 + 125w six core

Hard Drive:
westren digital RE4 wd5003ABYx 500gb 7200 rpm 64md carche sata 3.0GBs 3.5"internal hard drive

Graphic Card:
xfx hd-695x-CDDC radeon hd 6950 2gb 256-bit GDDR pcl express 2.1x16 hdcp ready crossfire x support video card with eyefinity

Like i said I have no knowledge in computers. So please give your advice. Also I am very tired at this moment so if any of that doesnt make sense I apologize.

Thank you

You will need an optical drive (DVD drive) and a power supply to go with that.
What exactly is your budget? We can better help you with a solid budget for this rig.

That motherboard and processor do not go together. If you want to stick to the AMD FX CPUs then you should get the 4170 as it's faster than the 6200. Gaming doesn't need 6 cores.

You will also need a socket AM3+ board and DDR3. With a solid budget we can recommend you these parts. Will need a location to so we know which site to pick the parts from.

I am really trying to stay under 800 but still give him a good computer. I am up for any advice. His birthday is in a month

With what PP Mguire suggested, you would need an optical drive and hard drive too. Also, don't forget the operating system.

Back
Top Bottom