Need Help With A Gaming Computer

CoolPeanutRocks

Beta member
Hai Derr!
I kinda need help on seeing if the computer parts that I chose are good and capable of playing any game on the market to maxed out settings. So i know i need a really good graphics card :D
So heres the list of my parts!:

*Case: RAIDMAX Super Hurricane ATX-248NWU Black / Blue Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

*CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge Quad Core Graphics 3000

*Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V FORMULA/THUNDERFX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

*Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL

*Cooling: Antec KUHLER H2O 920 Liquid Cooling System

*Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-256G 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

*Power Supply: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSA00-80GAD3-US 1000W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

*Graphics Card: MSI N660 Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

*Optical Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

I'm buying all my things on Newegg so anyone has had any experience with them please let me know if its good. :D

Thanks,
Ray

If this is just for gaming then I suggest getting the 3570k instead.

If you don't plan on overclocking then there is no point in buying a very expensive board with the same basic functions of cheaper boards.

If this is only meant for gaming, then 16 and 32GB of RAM is absolutely pointless. 8GB is mighty plenty and will be for a while. No game can access anymore than 3GB of RAM.

1000w is completely overkill unless you had dual 690s. A single 660ti only requires a 450w PSU. You would be fine with a 650w PSU. On that note, get a Corsair PSU instead. Better quality.

A 660ti will max your games, but with the savings alone on the board and chip you can get a 670 instead.

Newegg is excellent. I recommend anybody to shop their for PC components.

The memory is also for video editing and stuff like that so that why i need so much RAM.
Thanks for the suggested CPU and PSU i'll look into that.

Also, what motherboard would you suggest?

Thanks for Your suggestions. I'll modify my parts as seen.

Last edited:
Ah well knowing that you will be editing helps. Normally when somebody puts gaming computer in the title one is to assume ;)

32GB is still way too much IMO. I video edit as well and I can only see 16GB being fathomable unless you put all of your work in RAMDisk or something.

Back
Top Bottom