MY STUPID QeStION: Can 4x AGP work with 2X AGP slot??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
......... .................... :eek::eek: I'm REALY DESPARate here!! I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED A NEEEW VIDEO CAAAARD!!!:( :( My old one that I'm using only has 4mb of RAM!,!, And I'm sick and tired of complaining about this already!!! :rolleyes: And if i can't do that, is there any good graphics card i could by for my crappy @$$ computer??

HELP!! :angry: :cool:

Really, its not worth it to upgrade the graphics card on that computer. I would look into getting a completely new rig. Upgrading a graphics card on that old computer wouldn't really be worth it, because it would be so limited by your other components.

"Fuxecutor..."

Umm, i don't have that kind of money. that's why i'm trying to upgrade only one thing in it. And believe it or not, even though my computer is OLD, IT SHURE AS HELL ISN't SLOW :wooha: The Video is actually slowing down everything else in the computer. Please suggest as good Graphics card for my Computer. :(

Via-Tech VA-503+ mobo w 2x AGP
AMD K6-2 3DNOW 266mhz 64k CACHE
Samsung PC100 SDRAM 64mb + Kensington EDO 30mb
ATi ALL-IN-WONDER PRO PCI 4mb SGVRAM (ATi 3D RAGE PRO = GPU)
NEC Multisync XV14

Please help me! :eek: :( :cool:

I would go for a...don't laugh....GeForce 4 MX. Even though that card is a POS by todays standards, it would be perfect for your system.

"The black window..."

Aww no!! I just read on the internet that the GeForce 4MX is HORRRIBLE with my VIA-TECH Board! ... so that's out of the question. :(:(:(:( :cool:

i would try a geforce fx 5200 to maybe a 5700 depending on what you want to spend, also hoping those are backwards compatible, cause i don't know much about 2x agp slots, well, to tell you the truth, i've had my first comp for a couple years and have three total and i thought (before i registered with the forums) that the slowest agp slots they made were 4x, and i've never had anything but a 8x. i have heard that some are 8x are backwards compatable with 4x, but i have no idea about 2x.

so you ask yourself, "why did ohgrfreak even bother with posting in the first place?", my answer is because i'm tired, it's late and i'm bored.

"Aftermathematical..."

Could someone please ban this moron? (turdsandwich :rolleyes: ) I'm trying to get help here!! :angry: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom