Best Wifi Set Up

scratch11

Beta member
Hi,

I am a student and about to move into a student house with 6 people. We all have our own computers, and also our own myriad of mobile devices. We have 3 floors, and we will all need good WiFi. We have fibre optic broadband ready to go. We will all be heavy internet users. Could anyone suggest a good combination of router and range extenders that can handle plenty of data, that are reasonably priced?

Thanks,
Dave

Hello Dave,

I will highly recommend a dual-band N router with gig ethernet ports, we have a Netgear router and it's performing very well. It's best for HD video streaming and heavy gaming. If budget is an issue Buffalo dual band routers are also great. I have set this up in a small business location and it's working great. For a wireless range extender you can't go wrong with a Hawking device. These devices are all <$100. :)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I just need to add something....
In order for you to utilize both bands, you must have Wi-Fi adapter(s) that supports both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz radio bands. Also sophisticated routers have wireless bridging and/or repeating features. More router recommendations here and their great features.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom