No Display to monitor on a newly built computer

still hard to tell with those numbers because they describe the technology but not the actually part number. The problem here is that there are certain sticks with the numbers 4a in them that are Guaranteed compatible with that board, however if they have 4x in the part number neither corsair nor asus lists them as compatible. And both sticks would have the same specs as the ones you listed :(

It is unlikely the board wouldn't post if you have the 4x models i'm guessing but at the very least you would likely have problems.

**ok, well where did you buy the memory? new egg perhaps? if you bought online anywhere you might have a receipt in your email, it will list the model/part number on this receipt.

Last edited:
yes on new egg ill check it right now

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R

Last edited:
Great. Ok, well basically the gist of it is that model is listed as compatible on corsairs site, however corsair doesn't list in what configuration its supported. In other words its not a definite that buying two sets of those and using all 4 slots with them is completely supported. Asus doesn't list those particular ones with the "R" at the end, but that might just be because those came out after their compatibility list was published. Regardless all of this doesn't matter anyway, since they are most definitely supported with at least 2 chips (which you tried) and even 1 chip I can't imagine 1 chip by itself wouldn't work. So we've ruled that out as to why the board isn't posting.

I wish someone else would help out with this as I am running out of ideas except for
1. A short
2. The possibility you made a mistake when installing the CPU (i don't even know if that's possible with core-series cpu since I've never installed one)
3. or just a plain bad board.

Back
Top Bottom