No Display to monitor on a newly built computer

GoingSomeplace

Baseband Member
Hi there, new to the forum and looking for some help on my computer build

i basically have it all ready to go put everything o the mother board and plugged it all in.
iv double checked all the cables and they're all in there correct spots. and the board is getting power

but my problem would be the display. i turn it on and plug it into my monitor and it says no DVI input then nothing, it does the same with my HDMI.

there is no slot on my mother board or graphics card for vga

My parts are

Radeon HD 6850 Graphics card

Intel core i5-2500k

and ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

I'm looking for any help with the situation if possible...

thanks in advance.

Going~

Edit-

when i also power it down i hear 1 low toned beep. no sounds on power up it turns on just fine but no display at all

Last edited:
Sounds to me like the computer is not what we call 'posting'
Just wondering b/c you didn't mention...what Memory did you use in it?
Make sure the memory is seated properly, if your using 4 sticks remove 2 of them and make sure you leave the two in channel 0. Then see if it posts and go from there. Also that motherboard has integrated graphics as well, so you might try removing your other card just to check if it will post using the on-board one.

It would be kind of odd if its the memory since usually you will get a series of beeps upon turning it on... so check the graphics card first I'd say and then check the memory.

try it and post back here b/c there are lots of reasons for a computer not to post.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/pc-troubleshooting-procedure-list-208005/

^^ look at that list under new motherboard won't power up for further ideas.

well i tried with one stick of ram was using 4 but ill try 2.

i also took out the video card and tried that but nothing still and i didnt get a beep when i turned it off tis time

yes the 8pin and 24 pin connectors are all in securely

i just unplugged the hard drives and put the hdmi into the mother board and still no video signal

im stuck :[ plus new to building that doesnt help much

Last edited:
it is i bought a cooler master heat sink and its screwed in tightly with the paste applied.

i do have 4 sticks of ram in.. im going to try to boot to bios with just 1

When i turn the computer off sometimes i hear a low toned beep just once and not all the time. no beeps on start up only on the shut down

no luck with the video, still says no vga signal. when i dont even have a vga port to use only hdmi / dvi

Back
Top Bottom