would i be able to max out games w/ this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
all right man, tks a ton for ur help, i know im kind of a newbie, but I'm learning quite a bit. I think i can get the memory upgrade, but the processor is gonna have to take a back seat as of now. One more thing, what kind of frame rates would you estimate i'd get on half life 2 with the graphics on high or maxed and possibly with some AA and AF??

I get 100+ indoors, 50-70 outdoors in HL2 maxed out with full AA and AF. You should only get like 10-15 fps less than I do, if that....so you should be fine.

looks good then, i would be absolutely thrilled with that performance, as i upgraded from 512mb ram to 1024mb, and from a lousy radeon 9200 128mb to the x800 pro, all over this weekend, tks man

no, its supposed to be delivered here by monday, i just ordered it from bestbuy, how many frame rates will the memory upgrade get me?

It will make quite a difference, especially in HL2 which is a very RAM intensive game. I honestly couldn't tell you how many frames per second you will gain, becuase it all depends on where you are in the levels and such, but you wont have a problem on your current setup. However, it will be all the more good if you have faster RAM.

P.S. If I had to guess, I'd say you'd gain about 10-15 frames per second. But I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom