Hello there

danhodge

In Runtime
Helloo, I'm Danny, I'm 16, and well, I'm British. So all computer knowledge is self taught, until i do a degree in Computer Science. Yeah, our IT GCSE (What you take at 13 onwards) is shocking. Learn absolutely nothing.

I am building a decent-ish computer, which would be better if i could afford it. But its okay, i will blame the recession instead of the fact i cannot be bothered to get a job, and its all good :)

Since i am wanting to do Computer Science at University, it would be great if i could have any tips thrown at me. For example, what i should be expecting - as i don't have a clue. I love software and hardware, so no problem there really.

Pretty much sums up the longest 'Hello' thread ever. So, hello!

Dam, i didn't get an email about this thread.

I'm doing Maths and ICT at a level, which are the most computer related options i have. ICT for the obvious reasons, and maths because i was under the impression it would look good for me when applying to Uni.

And thanks! :)

My current computer can't run eclipse with a blank screen, but when the rest of my new computer arrives, i will take up learning java again :)
Or is there another language you recommend? I played around with Visual Basic, but that was too easy...

The fact that half of it was drag and drop just screamed out to having limited potential. Besides, who has ever made anything of impact with VB?
I like Java, especially since it seems good to use for making apps :)

Back
Top Bottom