First ever rig plans

Technoowb

Beta member
Hey peeps just wana link a New gameing rig i plan on building for the first time, Iv'e actually posted on 2 other sites to get feed back from more informed people like yourselves and would love to hear and pros or cons with my current rig as it stands.I do plan on OC'ing the cpu and ram if possible and doing a sli gpu later on. I decided to go with the cooler cuz i didnt like the look of the big fan on the mobo that i plan on buying.

PCPartPicker part list: Intel i5-3570K, EVGA GeForce GTX 670, NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) - System Build - PCPartPicker
Price breakdown by merchant: Intel i5-3570K, EVGA GeForce GTX 670, NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) - System Build - Price Breakdown By Merchant - PCPartPicker
Benchmarks: Intel i5-3570K, EVGA GeForce GTX 670, NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) - System Build - Benchmarks - PCPartPicker

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($142.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($80.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DVDE818A7T/BLK/B/GEN CD Reader, DVD Writer ($25.97 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1203.76
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-28 14:59 EDT-0400)

The only concern i have is will that power supply be enough for a OC'd cpu/ram and sli gpu in the future ? with other possible upgrades to a sdd ?

from what i understand, sli'ing isnt always a better solution. if youre sure that you will in the next 12 months pick up another 670, then get a 750 watt version. otherwise, a year from now you can probably get a single card faster than the 670's sli'd for the same price.

i would look into getting an ssd now or as your next upgrade.

the build looks good, other than the cpu cooler which i dont know enough about. i think zalman makes some pretty good HSF's. also, upgrade your price list because the components look like they could be cheaper, that dvd drive in particular.

Rig is fine, and if you plan to stay stock or low locks cooler is fine.

I agree on the SLI statement. No point really as a 670 is plenty fast enough for everything today.
That drive is going to be a bit slow. If you can afford it I would make that a black drive.

The 670 is cheaper than a 7970, can get 680 performance, and in most times beats a 7970. Nvidia drivers are also miles ahead of AMD's, and more so now that AMD stopped updating constantly. The GK104 chip is a beast, and Nvidia is quite in the lead this round. So much as AMD are releasing these Ghz cards which are mere bios modded reference cards with higher clocks to compete.

His cooling is quite fine for up to 4.5ghz on that chip. There is no need for anything higher as even a stock 2500k handles anything that is thrown at it.

Back
Top Bottom