Software change - Forum changes today

Yep, this is basically how the forum appeared since I joined till "recently". I actually hated the width change because I was using a 4:3 monitor and never had that side bar, nor the spaces. xD

Yea I like being able to use all of my monitor. I understand it will take some time to get the kinks out though. Just kinda like the older style better overall myself.

Edit: Seems most of the smileys are broke including some troll icons.

Last edited:
Folks, please be a bit patient. In time the right column will be configurable and there will be some other layout options. For tonight we thought it was most important to get the board turned back on. We'll pick away at the rest over the next few days ;)

Folks, please be a bit patient. In time the right column will be configurable and there will be some other layout options. For tonight we thought it was most important to get the board turned back on. We'll pick away at the rest over the next few days ;)

Thanks, Janet. I had wanted to say the same thing but my phone was not cooperating at work (or maybe that was operator failure...).

This software change actually seems to have gone really well. It was worse when we upgraded to 4.x. And, for the old-timers, they need to think back to when TF jumped from 2.3 to 3.5 or so... now THAT was a mess.

Give things some time and it will all get sorted. This was a huge undertaking and I appreciate the effort that has already gone into it.

Oh wait never mind I just found them. It appears my browser didn't load the page properly before.

Also the smilies eg: :( don't work as you can see.

Last edited:
I believe the thread subscriptions should now be back, though you may have lost some you made yesterday.

I fixed those broken smilies..

I am not on skin patrol (and you wouldn't want that) so that will have to wait until later today. :)

You will see this at the bottom:

Select Off to turn off the sidebar and extend the skin the full width of the forum.

The skin is as close of a replica to the old skin as they could get with vB 3.8. So while there still maybe tweaking involved, it is as close to the old skin as can be given the limitations of vB 3.8.
Yay looks so much better with it off :tongue:.

I did notice just now though, when you resize the message box when creating a post, it can extend over the borders onto the main background.

Thanks for the note about that Mak! Looks so much better with the sidebar off.

One thing I've noticed, the shortcuts to add Bold or Italics tags don't work any more. If you could get around to adding those back that would be nice, I used them often :p

Back
Top Bottom