First Computer Build (in Germany) Revised

TenZGya

Solid State Member
Since the website update and all got rid of subscriptions, I thought I'd just repost since I am wanting to possibly place my order today.

Here's the plan:

Intel Core i5-3570K
ASUS P8H77-M LE
8GB-Kit Corsair 1600Mhz CL9
Mini Coolermaster Elite 342
Sapphire HD 7770 1GB
550W LC-Power LC6550 V2.2
SATA3 500GB 7200 WD 16MB Cache
Samsung SH-S222BB DVD-RW SATA

For a grand total of around $880.

Any suggestions?

I had originally planned on getting a PSU from one of those brands, but the distributor that I'm buying from really highly suggested this PSU - he said that they had built 100s of PCs with it and have not yet had a complaint (also saw really high recs for it online). As I've been putting together my part order, I brought up the PSU several times saying that I'd feel better with a different unit, but he insisted that I wouldn't regret trying out this one. If it fails on me, I can go knock on his door and complain - it's not as if I'm buying from an online retailer or whatever where your complaints go to deaf ears and you feel so hopeless.

I'll mostly just be doing the standard things (internet browsing, word processing, etc.) in addition to some gaming. I don't have any really intense games (yet) because I've never had a computer that could handle them.

you can do as you wish, and maybe you wont have a problem with it, but i can pretty certainly say that this is a budget psu maker and is a risk to the rest of your components.

here is a german review of the unit where the psu asploded as they took it up to test what it was rated for.
Planet 3DNow! - Das Online-Magazin für den AMD-User

if that is the card you will be using and you dont plan on doing a lot of gaming, you can take the wattage down to 500 or 550 watts and save a few more dollars. maybe:
http://www.planet3dnow.de/artikel/hardware/netzteile/netzteil2006/netzteile_unter_50_euro/9.shtml

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom