Software change - Forum changes today

But there was before... It was the standard page that you see once you log in. Then once you hit the forums tab, it took you to the overall forums page.

I'm not saying that ain't still tweakin... but never-the-less, it should do something if it's going to stay a tab, right?

Could be that the Home tab comes standard. They have yet to implement/remove it. We aren't in directory /pc/forums anymore.

Home and Forum tabs don't go to Home or Forums. Clicking on them doesn't do anything.

Edit: Same with the About tab

I think that is due to the fact that this is now vB 3.8 and it didnt have the portal like vB 4 did with the CMS. I know Janet has said that something is in the works for a new home page but until that comes about nothing will happen with those tabs as there is no page for them to direct to.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9350/tfisbroke.png

I cant move the side bar? I know this isn't final (hopefully) but this is the worst looking skin I've ever seen.

The sidebar is not collapseable anymore. That was only a mod for vB 4 and as I stated above we are on an older version now that doesnt have that option. So no it isnt broken, that is how it operates with this version of vB. If you wish to disable the sidebar completely, go into the UserCP under Edit Options. You will see this at the bottom:

Right Column Display
If you would like to turn off the right column, set this to Off.
On Off
Select Off to turn off the sidebar and extend the skin the full width of the forum.

The skin is as close of a replica to the old skin as they could get with vB 3.8. So while there still maybe tweaking involved, it is as close to the old skin as can be given the limitations of vB 3.8.

We were on vB 4.X before. We rolled back to vB 3.8 for various reasons. The biggest one is the ability to use more custom Mods for the site that are compatible with this version of vB than the newer versions. Plus this version is much more stable.

Actually we did. Way back when I joined we had those spaces on the side. When we went with some skin choices, the one that was set at default was a custom skin, which didnt have that cause we modified it. I have already brought that aspect up and it will be addressed. The forum is using a fixed width instead of a % of the screen. It was that aspect I modified previously and it will be taken care of again. But we did have the spaces on vB 3.8 but we modified it to remove them which we will do again.

Back
Top Bottom