price on this build?

cp0020

In Runtime
price on this build? and GTX 660 or radeon 7870?

i posted this in the trading section but i think that was the wrong spot. plus no one hardly ever checks up in there lol but i put together a pc with "mostly" free parts i had gotten. my plan is to sell it so i can buy a new GPU. i was just wondering how much i should put this build up for. and there is no CPU. that is the only missing part.

Rosewill Challenger case

Lifetime series LSP 750w PSU

M4A79XTD-EVO MOBO

crucial 4gig DDR3 1333 memory stick

24x dvdrw

120GB sata HDD (dont know the rpm)

polaroid Bluetooth adapter

Sapphire HD 6670(this version)-Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100326L Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

my best guess is $300 but i would really like some other opinions. and i may also be able to get a Corsair H50 cooler if that would help sell/boost the price.

also... if i can get at least $300 for this should i get a GTX 660? i know nothing of the new gtx 6 series. or what is the best card for around that price? i heard the 7870 for $250 is best but i don't know.

Re: price on this build? and GTX 660 or radeon 7870?

Hi there. It looks like your build has some pretty decent parts, even though a bit dated. You shouldn't have a problem getting $300 for it. As for the video card, I'd go for the 7870. It's a beast! Both of those cards will perform great, but I've been using the 7870 in my latest build, so I'm biased. It's usually a $300 card, but if you hurry, the card is only $260 on Amazon/Newegg right now. Make sure to get the "OC" version. Now I'm kicking myself for paying $300 only 1 month ago. I could've upgraded my CPU!

thanks for the reply :) yeah the only thing i paid for was the case and GPU. i acquired a new case recently and am now using that so the rosewill was just sitting there. everything else i got from a friend. if i could get atleast $300 i'd be super happy! and yeah i heard that the GTX 660 is good but the 7870 at it's current price is better. but the 660's also come with borderlands 2 so if you factor that in then the card only costs $240. although... im still on a 19" 1440x900 monitor. someone is selling a 22" 1080p monitor for $50 on craigslist. if i get the 7870 then i could also get that monitor.

i posted this in the trading section but i think that was the wrong spot. plus no one hardly ever checks up in there lol but i put together a pc with "mostly" free parts i had gotten. my plan is to sell it so i can buy a new GPU. i was just wondering how much i should put this build up for. and there is no CPU. that is the only missing part.

Rosewill Challenger case

Lifetime series LSP 750w PSU

M4A79XTD-EVO MOBO

crucial 4gig DDR3 1333 memory stick

24x dvdrw

120GB sata HDD (dont know the rpm)

polaroid Bluetooth adapter

Sapphire HD 6670(this version)-Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100326L Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

my best guess is $300 but i would really like some other opinions. and i may also be able to get a Corsair H50 cooler if that would help sell/boost the price.

also... if i can get at least $300 for this should i get a GTX 660? i know nothing of the new gtx 6 series. or what is the best card for around that price? i heard the 7870 for $250 is best but i don't know.
With the card, no SSD, no CPU, and only 4GB of RAM I think you might have a problem selling it at that price point unless you find somebody locally who is willing. I had a hard time selling an i5 750 based rig with an SSD, GTX 465, and full custom water loop for 550. That was earlier this year before the 600 series even came out.

Hi there. It looks like your build has some pretty decent parts, even though a bit dated. You shouldn't have a problem getting $300 for it. As for the video card, I'd go for the 7870. It's a beast! Both of those cards will perform great, but I've been using the 7870 in my latest build, so I'm biased. It's usually a $300 card, but if you hurry, the card is only $260 on Amazon/Newegg right now. Make sure to get the "OC" version. Now I'm kicking myself for paying $300 only 1 month ago. I could've upgraded my CPU!
The 660ti bests the 7870 quite easily and in a lot of cases beats the 7950 as well.

With the card, no SSD, no CPU, and only 4GB of RAM I think you might have a problem selling it at that price point unless you find somebody locally who is willing. I had a hard time selling an i5 750 based rig with an SSD, GTX 465, and full custom water loop for 550. That was earlier this year before the 600 series even came out.

The 660ti bests the 7870 quite easily and in a lot of cases beats the 7950 as well.
what if i threw in a corsair H50?

Of course the 660 will be better, but depending on what you'll be playing, that difference would be negligible.

You might have better luck selling some/all of those parts separately. With a missing processor, the whole is not always the sum of its parts. :big_smile: It would require more work and trouble on your end, though. eBay, Craigslist?

Of course the 660 will be better, but depending on what you'll be playing, that difference would be negligible.

You might have better luck selling some/all of those parts separately. With a missing processor, the whole is not always the sum of its parts. :big_smile: It would require more work and trouble on your end, though. eBay, Craigslist?
The difference is pretty high in some titles getting up to 8-10fps difference. That is a lot for only about ~20 dollars more. Plus the Nvidia drivers are so much better.

I agree you should probably part it out.

The difference is pretty high in some titles getting up to 8-10fps difference. That is a lot for only about ~20 dollars more. Plus the Nvidia drivers are so much better.

I agree you should probably part it out.

well i'm literally broke as hell. so what i make off of this build is all going towards a new GPU. think i could at least get $250?

ok, so i decided to keep my rosewill challenger and swapped the case out with a raidmax extreme black case. case has a green cathode. and i don't have the HDD. it wont let me edit the top post anymore :/ but all this... can i get atleast $200? a guy is selling his msi radeon 6950 unlocked to 6970 for $195. is that a good deal?

Back
Top Bottom