Shopping for a Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk

Baseband Member
I just bought a AMD Athlon 64 3400+ / Asus AV8 Deluxe motherboard combo. I believe the parts are OEM so I have to find my own heatsink, but I can't find any at TigerDirect that are for the 939 socket, even though I've found some that say they work for 754 and 940 sockets, and all AMD 64's. Do I need to find one that specifically says it's for the 939, and if so, where? The only 939 one I could find at Newegg was this one: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-112&depa=1

Would that one work?

Thanks for the help.

I'd personally go with a solid copper HS, and a nice CFM fan...i couldn't recommend one though as i am not familiar with socket 939 heat and coolers. The Zalman is nice for quiet i believe...

05.jpg

That is really nice, solid copper base with 4 heat pipes...lots of aluminum fins and a nice turbine fan. It even lights up...i'd go with that cuz it's massive as well and will give you nice cooling.

Yeah, that does look really nice. Thanks for posting it. I'd love one that lights up, too, as I'm planning on getting a case with an air-guide tube and it would be neat to be able to look down there and see something! If you get yours together before I do, TSX, please post about how it goes. I've still got a lot of components to gather up before I start building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom