buying a new laptop

Please do not triple post, use edit button. ;)

thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it!

why is the i5 better? i can add ram also like you said, would that help? the one you posted, its a pretty good one do you think?

the i5 is better than what? You posted an i5, I posted an i5.

You can always add RAM to a laptop. That is one thing that is interchangeable. In reality, though, 4GB is enough for most things these days.

I only recommend good systems, so to answer your question, yes.

why arent ideapads good?

Ideapads are the consumer level of Lenovo. They are not as sturdily made as the Thinkpads. (business level)

and why do we frown upon HP's? xD

Because several of us that know it, HP had many problems throughout the years. Plus, their Customer Service isn't what I'd call great.

im replacing an older IBM T60 thinkpad and i loved it, it was amazing, never had problems with it at all

some guy at bestbuy told me acers are more for gaming, is this true?

Yeah, back then they were rather tough. Their newest models, not so much.

Don't trust people at BB. They are salesmen, they are tryiing to sell a product, not necessarily caring about your needs. I meant that slightly.

Any laptop can game. How hardcore it is able has to do with CPU/GPU power, and ample cooling. Toshiba used to be a big hit for gaming a few years ago. But the thing is, to get a lot of gaming performance, you have to spend a lot. Superb gaming laptops can go for ~$1,000 and up.

i5 is the high configure processor and also it 2nd generation processor.but if he can increase his budget than he can buy 3rd generation i7 processor.but i5 is better.

Back
Top Bottom