Software change - Forum changes today

Janet H

Administrator
Staff member
The board will be offline for most of the day on Wednesday and undergoing a substantial update. We are rolling back the software to a more stable version that will allow us to add some extra features and tools. When we are finally back up and running there will still be some tweaking to do on some of the visual components of the forum.

The Forum will look about the same, with similar colors, etc but as we will have a new skin (built from scratch) you will see a few small differences. Please post here with problems as you find them and suggestions for change. Thanks in advance for your patience and help with this. We'll post updates here as we have them.

Re: Software change - Forum offline this wednesday

Oh boy... This is going to be interesting.... Hope you guys redirect visitors to a page with updates once in awhile on this... I miss my TF when it goes down...

I wanted to reply to this thread to say something before we do this rollback. Please note, there are literally thousands of if not tens of thousands of individual settings and configurations that are being moved. I can guarantee that some access or features, or limits, etc., will be different after we move. This is NOT intentional. I want to say this because sometimes when I do a migration or upgrade, people go hysterical thinking that all of a sudden we lowered the PM limits just to be jerks when in actuality, it was just an overlooked setting. If you come across anything out of whack, please let us know and we will try to address it. Ideally we want all the same features, access, limits, etc., to be EXACTLY the same as they are now.

Tech Admin, I understand as do most others when it comes to permissions and system settings between different versions of a forums software, especially when it comes to major version roll backs.

Definitely. Permissions of this scale can be a real pain in the a** to roll back. However I'm sure things will be back to normal sooner rather than later :p

And we're back.....

There are still adjustments to be made and the right side column will be back shortly. Please post as you find things that need some tweaking and thanks for being patient.

Back
Top Bottom