3+ Monitors Radeon 7770?

iamitech

Beta member
Okay, I want to get the XFX Radeon HD 7770 graphics card (full info below) with 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, but I need to know if It can support 3 monitors hooked up simultaneously. I don't want to use any of that Eyefinity stuff, just have 3 displays. One monitor has DVI, one has HDMI or DVI, and one is VGA (I will get a converter), so will they work? Also, with the 3rd monitor, will a VGA to Displayport/DVI/HDMI work for using 3 displays, or do I have to have one of those annoying active converter things for it. Thank you ahead of time!

(XFX FX-777A-ZDFV AMD Radeon Double D HD 7770 Video Card - 1GB, DDR5, PCI Express 3.0, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, CrossFire, DirectX 11)

It will work, but if the 7000 series acts like the 5000 in this regard then you will need to get a DP to DVI converter, then hook up the VGA monitor with a DVI to VGA connector, then use HDMI for the last monitor. Since you don't want Eyefinity support I don't believe you need an active DP adapter. I would get one anyways, as they aren't that expensive anymore. So it will be DP to the DVI monitor, DVI to the VGA monitor, and HDMI to the HDMI supporting monitor.

It will work, but if the 7000 series acts like the 5000 in this regard then you will need to get a DP to DVI converter, then hook up the VGA monitor with a DVI to VGA connector, then use HDMI for the last monitor. Since you don't want Eyefinity support I don't believe you need an active DP adapter. I would get one anyways, as they aren't that expensive anymore. So it will be DP to the DVI monitor, DVI to the VGA monitor, and HDMI to the HDMI supporting monitor.
Why is it that I cant just buy an active DP to VGA adapter?

If it suits your fancy. Just figured that if you want to maybe do Eyefinity later you would want an active DP to DVI adapter. DVI to VGA adapter should come free when you bought the card.

Back
Top Bottom