Help! I have the "infinite sound loop bug" on games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chziime

Baseband Member
2x512 Corsair LLPRO RAM
Geforce 6800 Ultra latest NVIdia drivers
Audigy 2 ZS latest drivers
460 Watt Enermax PSU
No overheating problem.

I had all latest drivers for everything installed when I got the computer from a comany like 2 months ago. I know this problem has been discussed on forums forever, but I still have it. I tried going to 4x, lowering sound acceleration, using 2T timing, raising APG voltage, and nothing worked. It just went in the loop in HL2. AFter going to 4x, though, CS:S didn't get the loop after over an hour of playing. Steampowered.com has this problem on the website: http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/Forum5/HTML/000137.html but I can't get anything to work. It doesn't look like I'm able to raise the sound card in my computer. I've never changed computer parts or installed BIOS or chipset drivers before. Please, if you want to to download something or change something in the BIOS or whatever, please be specific with instructions.

have you done a firmware upgrade on you audio software? have you checked on a BIOS update?

I checked the new BIOS, but they didn't seem to have important features. How do I get firmware for my sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom