HP Pavillion BSOD 0x0124

bentobaku

In Runtime
Guys I have an HP Pavillion a6110n Desktop in my shop. I is giving me a BSOD.

BCCode 124
BCP1 00000000
BCP2 AA098028
BCP3 F2000010
BCP4 00010C0F

This error was happening about 10-15min after doing online activity, and quicker if flash games were played. So I started by replacing the on board GPU with an add-in Nvidia 8400GS slim card. Now the BSOD take an hour or so to happen. I have also replaced the thermal paste and check the cpu fan (cpu heat sink is not getting above warm to the touch). RAM past 4hr memtest86. HDD has passed 3 different HDD Test. Old psu was reading HH, so I replaced it also. Mobo Test with PC-Check passed. Can run non windows programs for hours no problem. 0 crashes outside of windows, even video, mem, and mobo stress test.

Client stated that their computer was running extremely loud and slow. Son advised them to clean it out (as it was greatly needed). Computer started BSOD day or so after, progressively getting worse.

I'm going to start today by updating all drivers and the bios while I await answers or suggestions. Ty in advanced for any help. Plz let me know if you would like the entire dump file or any further info.

Guys I have an HP Pavillion a6110n Desktop in my shop. I is giving me a BSOD.

I'm going to start today by updating all drivers and the bios while I await answers or suggestions. Ty in advanced for any help. Plz let me know if you would like the entire dump file or any further info.

When you have a chance update the realtek hd audio sound card, realtek ethernet driver port.
If that hp does indeed have 56k modem, uninstall the hardware if it is not needed.
Didnt say exactly which windows os you got, but if its vista try adobe products beginning at 9.3 and make sure sp2 is ready to go for it.

Ty ok I will try that, havent got a chance to update yet, still people comming in. And Yes it is windows vista Home x32.
I have seen some direct problems when trying to upgrade windows vista through windows update.
If you cannot get the os to upgrade or update, the hardware may not be at fault.
Try windows 7 trial mode and see if the problems stop.

Ok Sry for late response. Had to set this job aside for a min. I have now upgraded BIOS and all drivers. Everything is updating with no problems. I also cleaned out the programs and registry and got it running a lot smoother. But when you go to play games, *POOF* BSOD. But I ran test and installed and uninstalled all afternoon. It does not fail till you run games.

Ok Sry for late response. Had to set this job aside for a min. I have now upgraded BIOS and all drivers. Everything is updating with no problems. I also cleaned out the programs and registry and got it running a lot smoother. But when you go to play games, *POOF* BSOD. But I ran test and installed and uninstalled all afternoon. It does not fail till you run games.

Any games, even windows checkers or hearts ?
I am looking at the specs closely, it could be 1 or 2 things here:

CPU isnt strong enough for gaming

Video card doesn't cut it

or both in general.

What you could do is try a nvidia GT series, I recommend 430 for your system.
Or opt in for a ATI HD late 4000 or 5000 series.

Glad you have it working, if you could grab that bsod log and let me see it.
It should tell me whats going on directly. :)

Back
Top Bottom