Ntldr Is Missing?!?!?! Please Someone Help Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
I saw that one of my fans wasn't running so I open up my case, and see that one of the wires is out and there is a small metal thing on the end and it touched something on the fan and my entire pc shut off, and I wasn't able to turn it back on with the power button.

So I reset the cmos and it turned on. It loads up and then all of a sudden it says "NTLDR is missing. Press ctr-alt-del to reboot." So I put in my Winxp recovery disk I got with my pc from IBUYPOWER. I put it in and when it asks me to boot from disk I am able to log into my OS, as I'm on it now.

But when I try rebooting again without the cd, it keeps saying "NTLDR is missing" WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!?!?!?!?!

did you flash the CMOS first? if not you are going to have to manually enter all the cmos info which i hope you wrote down before resetting

NTLDR is missing is the message you get when say you hook up a hard drive that doesn't have an OS on it, so for whatever reason when you're booting up without that WinXP CD it's thinking there isn't an OS on the first drive it access and then there are no other drives to access from so it gives you this message.

It seems like you should probably back up all your data and format your HD because that's all I know of getting NTLDR is missing, is when my main HD wasn't hooked up and it tried accessing the secondary which doesn't have an OS and it gives that message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom