Installing graphics card, PC won't turn on.

qaddodi

Beta member
Hello,

I'm trying to install my ATI Radeon 5770 to my PC. However, whenever it is connected and I try to power on the PC, it just doesn't boot. I see the fans spin for a split second and then nothing. I try to press the power button again, but then nothing, not even the fans spinning.
I tried another graphics card (ATI x1550) and it worked just fine and the computer booted into windows successfully.

I am sure that I'm connecting the 5770 correctly, and I'm connecting the 6-pin connector on its back.

My computer specifications:

AsRock G41M-VS3 mobo
Intel Core2 quad 2.4GHz
6GB DDR3 1333 RAM
PSU Huntkey 550W

Can you please help?

Hello,
I'm trying to install my ATI Radeon 5770 to my PC. However, whenever it is connected and I try to power on the PC, it just doesn't boot.
I see the fans spin for a split second and then nothing. I try to press the power button again, but then nothing, not even the fans spinning.
I tried another graphics card (ATI x1550) and it worked just fine and the computer booted into windows successfully.

Would you please do these few things for me ?
Disconnect all of your system fans, if you have any removable drives disconnect it.
Next power on your computer again, if it comes on and you have video you may have a weak psu.

Would you please do these few things for me ?
Disconnect all of your system fans, if you have any removable drives disconnect it.
Next power on your computer again, if it comes on and you have video you may have a weak psu.

I disconnected the fans and disconnected the drives, powered on, but still the video card didn't turn on and there was nothing.
I will have you know that this same video card worked before on a 500W PSU.

Is there any other thing I can do?

What happens when you try to pull 550w from a 550w Huntkey psu?
Huntkey Green Star 550 W (LW-6550SG) Review - YouTube

ATI's power requirement for the 5770 card is 600w, even if the card draws half that much, your pushing you luck with that psu
ATI Radeon

Read what old Joe pointed out to you qaddodi, your current psu might not be enough for your ATI HD 5770.
The reason why I had you disconnect some hardware from your motherboard to see if it would get enough juice to allow your card to initiate itself and come on.
I recommend you look into a new psu for your vga card and system in the long run. :)
Visit the new system/upgrade subforums on tech-forums and see what maybe possible for your computer.

Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom