System freezes when the volume is raised (after adding a new tv-tuner)

taximetristul

Beta member
I added a new tv tuner in my pc ( CableStar HD 2 [4098/3733] - TechniSat Digital - en_XX ). Each time I raise the volume and play anything with sound in it, the system freezes. If I mute the sound or keep the system volume to 2-4%, it works fine though. I removed the tuner and it works perfect, even at high volume. The audio card is a Asus Xonar D2 (latest official driver) with 2 M-Audio Bx8a monitors.

Any thoughts?

I added a new tv tuner in my pc ( CableStar HD 2 [4098/3733] - TechniSat Digital - en_XX ). Each time I raise the volume and play anything with sound in it, the system freezes. If I mute the sound or keep the system volume to 2-4%, it works fine though. I removed the tuner and it works perfect, even at high volume. The audio card is a Asus Xonar D2 (latest official driver) with 2 M-Audio Bx8a monitors.

Any thoughts?

Would you please tell me which driver you have for your TV tuner card ?
Could you disable your pci sound card and try onboard sound card ?

The drivers for the tuner are:
Technisat Cablestar HD2 V1.1.1.502, 2.7.2009
Technisat Mantis BDA HID Device V1.0.1.5, 30.1.2008
These are the latest and only drivers I can find. The problem persists even if I unistall the drivers, just as I plug the card in.

Using the on-board sound card or hdmi out sound from the video card works perfect.

The pc is up-to-date with all drivers and updates on a clean win7 install, I also tried a fresh win8 install, the problem is the same everytime.

The drivers for the tuner are:
Technisat Cablestar HD2 V1.1.1.502, 2.7.2009
Technisat Mantis BDA HID Device V1.0.1.5, 30.1.2008
These are the latest and only drivers I can find. The problem persists even if I unistall the drivers, just as I plug the card in.

Using the on-board sound card or hdmi out sound from the video card works perfect.

The pc is up-to-date with all drivers and updates on a clean win7 install, I also tried a fresh win8 install, the problem is the same everytime.

Hmm, I'm going to need your help on this and be my eyes since I wont be able to see whats on your tv tuner software.

If you say the sound works with hdmi or onboard through your tv tuner.
Check the preference tab and tell me which sound is enabled for incoming video.
Next check windows 7 sound control panel and see whats enabled for the video card to get any sound.
Last time I used my tv tuner card I had to use a aux cable to run into my line in port on my main sound card.
Make sure you "DO NOT" have any sound effects enabled and everything is even out with your speakers.

Its going to be complicated but it should work in the end, atleast you didnt bother to buy the ATI HD pci tv tuner card.
What a joke that was after fiddling with it for 3 months straight burning the thing up. o_o

Back
Top Bottom