Rosewill case choice

danhodge

In Runtime
I don't know whether this is just a case of working out the prices of fans, etc, or whether there is just one case much better than the other, but i think it is a pretty simple question and answer, so i am hoping for a reply.

I am building a fairly low level gaming PC, that can at least run games like Battlefield. My problem is that i am 16, have no job, and am having to cut down on money as much as possible. So, i decided a good place to cut money is the case, as it wont effect performance.

I have 2 choices, unless anyone can link me to a better/same priced (or cheaper) case:
Newegg.com - Rosewill Blackbone Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Newegg.com - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

The first has 4 front USB ports, and is only $40, but it just has 2 120mm fans, and since i will be using an AMD processor, maybe it could spell total failure?

The second has only 2 front USB ports (not a problem when the motherboard has more than enough anyway) and is $50, and it comes with 2 120mm fans, and a top 140mm fan.

I was hoping i could stick with the cheaper $40 tower, however when it is only $10 between them, i am willing to get the $50 case if it means the processor wont overheat. So my question is which case should i choose, or should i pick something else, like a cheap Coolermaster?

If it is important, the graphics card will be an 'Asus Nvidia GTX 550 Ti', the processor is a 'Phenom II x4 965 black edition', and the motherboard is an 'Asus M5A78L-M' (Micro ATX).

Thanks a lot,
Danny

Personally myself, I don't like the lights in a case so I find one and/or replace the fans as needed. But buying a case is mostly a personal thing. Both cases you mentioned should provide more than adequate airflow. And if for some reason it doesn't, it has the slots to add more fans. But If I have to choose, I would get the Challenger simply for the top 140mm fan.

Well i'm not planning on overclocking, so i should be good with 2 fans right (other than cpu fan)?

Oh sorry, i totally missed your first reply.
In that case, what about the case 'Jasonalwaysready' suggested? It has space for a bottom fan (which i presume has the same effect of a top fan, even though this is only 120mm), and plenty more, so i can upgrade in the future if i need to.
And the best part is that it is only $45/£28 :)

Cases are pretty much a personal preference. These days most all cases have a front and back fan for push pull and 80% have a top fan too. Bottom fans don't help all that much in airflow as usually they can't pull enough air to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom