Question about adding internal hard drive (noob)

Cactus1974

Beta member
I have this gaming rig from newegg.CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2098 (GU2098) Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. It serves my son's needs but I want to add an 2tb internal hard drive and have no clue on what is compatible. Please any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

PP Mguire one more question.
What type of wires would suggest? I am not really sure if my computer set up has them and they did nto come with the hard drive.
Thanks again for any help. As it is a sea of confusion right now.

PP Mguire one more question.
What type of wires would suggest? I am not really sure if my computer set up has them and they did nto come with the hard drive.
Thanks again for any help. As it is a sea of confusion right now.

The one PP Mguire linked are SATA. Check your computer to see if you got any extra as I don't think you get cables with the product listed.

Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2098 (GU2098) Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (If this is the correct PC you listed then you should have extra slot for another SATA HDD)

SATA
Data Cable:
sata_cable.jpg

Power:
sataindex.jpg

The one PP Mguire linked are SATA. Check your computer to see if you got any extra as I don't think you get cables with the product listed.

Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2098 (GU2098) Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (If this is the correct PC you listed then you should have extra slot for another SATA HDD)

SATA
Data Cable:
sata_cable.jpg

Power:
sataindex.jpg

Yes that is the Computer. I see where the extra slots are. So these are the cables I would be looking for?

Do I have to be worried about how many pins or just look on NewEgg for the pictures above? I received the drive that the other gentleman suggested.
Thanks
for the help.

Back
Top Bottom