Problems installing Windows Vista x64

Pyrothrillah

In Runtime
I've created a RAID 0 array on two fresh new drives as well and a new CD/DVD Drive. Problems occur when I actually try and install Windows Vista x64 on my system.

I get an error saying I need drivers for my CD/DVD Rom. However, this is a BRAND new drive and the drivers are already pre-loaded. Also tried using an old ribbon drive to see if perhaps it would do anything, but same problem as before. I've tried changing BIOS from Raid to AHCI, reset CMOS, everything I know to do and I am completely stuck at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try using only 2GB of RAM, Vista sometimes had issues with higher amounts upon install even the 64bit flavors had a few issues at first.
I assume the specs in your signature are for this rig your working on?

Try using only 2GB of RAM, Vista sometimes had issues with higher amounts upon install even the 64bit flavors had a few issues at first.
I assume the specs in your signature are for this rig your working on?

I wanna say this was a pre-SP1 issue. If using a Sp1 disc, then there shouldn't be a problem IIRC.

Maybe he doesn't have the money to do so, remixed. ;)

Not that I can't afford it, just on a computer that isn't THAT important to be honest.

I've installed it on a single HDD with the same RAM. (Yes working on computer in the sig)

I may just break down and buy 7, but I'd really rather use the OS I have already.

I wanna say this was a pre-SP1 issue. If using a Sp1 disc, then there shouldn't be a problem IIRC.

It is a pre SP1 issue, they had a hotfix like the next week to fix that little issue as the OS would still act up after install if you had more than 4GB of RAM total.

I've read that installing the up-to-date service packs would fix this issue, but I can't even do that because the download fails everything time. I don't see what it would fix though being on a different HDD and all.

Back
Top Bottom