crossfire or single higher end card?

cp0020

In Runtime
hey guys, i'm thinking about upgrading my graphics card. currently i have a sapphire 6670. i play at 1440x900 and so far i can play almost any game maxed out(BF3,crysis 2, witcher 2) with decent framerate. i am wondering if i should get a single higher end card like a 560ti or 6950, or i can get another sapphire 6670 off of ebay for $65. would it even be worth it to crossfire the 6670? the 6670 i'm talking about is the 1GB GDDR5 edition. so crossfire 6670's for $65 or a new card for $250?

What are your system specs?
Normally a single, more powerful card is the better option. However, if you are already nearly maxing out all of the games that you play then for $65 you can't go wrong by crossfireing.

What are your system specs?
Normally a single, more powerful card is the better option. However, if you are already nearly maxing out all of the games that you play then for $65 you can't go wrong by crossfireing.

m4a79xtd evo mobo

12 gigs DDR3 1333

corsair 650TX

phenom II x4 965 BE

would i notice a big boost in FPS by crossfireing? maybe a single card would be better in the long run

I say always go higher end single card. Reason for this, is doubling your cards doesn't mean double your performance. Even though 75% of the games on the market are utilizing dual cards these days it's still double the heat, double the power usage, for maybe a 50% increase in performance due to drivers.

Considering a 560ti will max out most if not all games at 1080p, I don't see the reason in going SLI/Crossfire unless you want that epeen.

I have a GTX 570 for sale if your really interested?

not sure if you'll see this. i have over 100 posts but i still cannot send PMs or post in the trading section :/ but i am interested in this. i have several stuff to trade for it. i guess just shoot me a PM since i can't

Back
Top Bottom