I need help.

Ofcourse I have been watching my temperatures lol, I've got the program to watch them in the picture above :/ it's on 'always on top' so it displays the temp even when a game is running, and if not- i'll minimize the game slightly and still keep everything on high. You're saying my mobo cant pump power- cant I change that somehow in the bios?.. And if my CPU is overheating when all 6 cores what sense does it make to disable two of them and make 4 work even harder? ... :/ Surely the CPU temperature will go even higher than what is is going to now before the speed drops down to 1.4 or 1.6 .. :/

Anyway- on a side note- I went into the bios and turned off CPU THERMAL THROTTLE or something like that, It allowed my CPU to get to 62c before AUTO-SWITCHING OFF MY PC.. I spoke to my brother and he says that his cpu gets to 65 while playing games anyway? and 62 isnt bad for gaming? I should only be worried when going over 71c.
As I was saying, your motherboard probably just can't feed your CPU enough juice that it requires under load which is why it is probably throttling like that so your CPU doesn't get damaged. The temps are fine, but the power is the problem. I'm gonna say you need a new motherboard.

My friend said I'd be better off buying a better heatsink, at the moment i'm using the one they issued me when I bought the 1045T.

After much research, his PSU is total **** honestly. I say it is more or less that the PSU can't supply ample power to the mosfets that drive the CPU and his board could be flaking out due to it. I suggest getting something that is an actual brand name.

My friend said I'd be better off buying a better heatsink, at the moment i'm using the one they issued me when I bought the 1045T.
Your temps are fine, so therefor that is a waste of money.

After much research, his PSU is total **** honestly. I say it is more or less that the PSU can't supply ample power to the mosfets that drive the CPU and his board could be flaking out due to it. I suggest getting something that is an actual brand name.
This, this, and this. I did not see the model of PSU and it is NOT enough to power your system. The 12v amps on this PSU is that equivalent to a 450w good brand PSU. The 560ti alone requires a 550w PSU to be ran. You need to upgrade your PSU before it blows, or it takes out one of your components.

The reason being, is because they use a PSU design that is about 8-9 years old giving more amps on the 3.3 and 5v rails where they are not needed. These days you need almost everything on the 12v rail.

Hi? I don't recognize your screen name.

Take a look at his PSU specs. More amps on the 3.3 and 5v rails than both 12v rails combined. His CPU is just starving for power, coupled with too low of power phases.

Could you guys give me a link to a good psu for a decent price?
Or atleast a name or model so I can find it and buy it asap..
Are you guys sure it's not a overheating problem...
Or the motherboard?
Because on the other forum they're saying it's the motherboard..

It isn't overheating at all. It wouldn't be unless you were peaking almost 80c.

The motherboard and PSU are where my crosshairs are aimed because it could be the PSU feeding to many volts, or it could be the motherboard not giving enough juice for the CPU to run at the proper frequency. I can tell you this, there isn't enough 12v amps to power the 560ti.

I would look at Corsair PSUs. 550w or 600w would be fine.

I am also looking to overclock this baby to 3.2ghz, will I need a heatsink then or would the stock one be fine to use?
Alright so I'm looking on my mainly used website to purchase stuff from- scan. and it seems that there are some cheap 600w ones.. can you just find me one and tell me to buy it because I dont want to buy a cheap one then it doesnt last or has the same problem -_-;.

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer...su-atx-power-supply-unit-600watts-to-700watts

....Do not EVER overclock an x6 unless you have a much better PSU, and board. That board only has four power phases, boards with four power phases can handle an x6, but only at stock speeds, once you start going above stock speeds/voltages the system can't handle it anymore.

Corsair CP-9020013-UK Gaming Series 700W Power Supply (PSU) - Scan.co.uk

That one should be sufficient. I am sure a UK member will come along at some point and point out a better website to order from.

I am also looking to overclock this baby to 3.2ghz, will I need a heatsink then or would the stock one be fine to use?
Alright so I'm looking on my mainly used website to purchase stuff from- scan. and it seems that there are some cheap 600w ones.. can you just find me one and tell me to buy it because I dont want to buy a cheap one then it doesnt last or has the same problem -_-;.

600W - 700W - Scan.co.uk
Any Corsair that isn't the builder series is fine. TX 650w would be perfect. That GS 700 would be fine too. I can't stress the PSU issue enough. I learned my lesson way back in the day when a 430w Raidmax PSU that was almost brand new took out an FX-53 rig.

Back
Top Bottom