Mac Book Pros? 15" or 13"?

Grace92

Beta member
Hi, Im looking to buy a new laptop.
I'll be heading over seas next year for a while to travel, and when I return I hope to start a film course.
So I need a laptop that can handle editing well. Im pretty sold on Macs, I've been able to use a MBP 15" a bit and it seems great, fast, no problems and good graphics. However I've been saving for travelling and they (MBP 15") are quiet a bit more expensive than the 13", also heavier. I'll need to take it over seas with me.

So im wondering. Would I be better off buying a 15" now which would probably be better for editing later, or should I save the money now buy a 13" which would be better for travelling? If I get the 13" can i sell it second hand when I get back, or is that a waste of money and I should just buy the more expensive now and be better off later?

I know its almost splitting hairs, however I really don't know that much about computers and want to buy wisely. Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A Lenovo will be a nice option too. Those are known for long battery life. And can handle a workload. The X230 is recommended here a lot.

As for Mac's, I have no idea. Never played with them. If you know Mac enough, I would say get it. If you can't afford the 15" get the 13" for now.

Go for the Mac 15". 4.46 pounds is honestly not that heavy. It's pretty uch essential with the programs it comes with, unless you want to buy separate expensive video editing software.

Both the 13" And 15" MacBooks are great machines. The 15" has a quad core processor instead of a dual core one, and the 15" also has a dedicated video card instead of an integrated one. Both laptops will serve you well but the 15" will be a better machine than the 13" one.

If you decide to get a 13" one be sure to get the one that's $1,199, not the $1,499 one.

Depending on how much real estate you'd like you may want to go with the 17" macbook pro. Personally, I find them to be a little bit of a beast and I prefer the 15" They also come with video editing software by means of iMovie which is actually very solid for being free.

I would go with the 15" Macbook..it's not much heavier and should be fine for traveling. If you find it to be worth the extra cost, buy it over the 13".

Back
Top Bottom