what is this mother board

bichilestabyou

Beta member
Well im about to drop 25 dollas on this lot of computer parts and was wondering if any one new what modle this mother board was/ imma throw a asus radeon 6670 in it and 4 gbs of ram and wanted to know if a 300W power supply would run her
IDk if the images will show if they dont PM me and i will send u the link
lhe7r.jpg

The motherboard is the thing with the yellow and black RAM slots on it. There should be some kind of identifying markings on it, such as manufacturer and model number.

A 6670 requires a 400W PSU

You will also need to clean the CPU and heatsink and reapply thermal paste before remounting the heatsink.

It's an Asus board, and seeing how it has a northbridge I'm gonna say 775. I also don't see a CPU in the slot or surrounding area so probably need one of those too.

The motherboard is the thing with the yellow and black RAM slots on it. There should be some kind of identifying markings on it, such as manufacturer and model number.

A 6670 requires a 400W PSU

You will also need to clean the CPU and heatsink and reapply thermal paste before remounting the heatsink.

i didnt know the mother board because i just had those two pictures of it but i bought it any ways its a
[h=1]ASUS P5L-VM 1394[/h] I put a 500 W psu in it and cleaned and thermal pasted plus threw some Blue led fans in those empty slots will upgrade cpu and mother board in the future but will work for now . .

Northbridge is still technically used these days ya know... It's the south bridge that has basically been gotten rid of, well, they merged them together for the most part anymore... NB wasn't just the memory controller, was all higher functions.

All NB functions are inside the CPU for all Core i CPUs (memory, FSB/QPI, PCI-E). The only thing left is SB which control devices like SATA. The board clearly had NB/SB setup so was obviously 775 and Asus to me.

No, SATA controller functions are SB or have their own chip like SATA3. My P67a board has USB3 and SATA 3 as separate chips whereas SATA2 and RAID functions are SB. All PCI-E is NB controlled for the lanes, and PCI is SB.

Back
Top Bottom