Add your system specs to your Profile!

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
That's right you read it here. As per a suggestion brought about by PPMguire in the topic here, the ability to add your System Specs to your Profile is now here. To do so all you to get this is just edit your profile using this link.

After you add in some or all of the information provided you will see your profile reflects the changes. Granted at this time it is present in 2 locations, under the About Me page and its own tab, which I am working on. But at least it is progress and a step forward. So I ask that everyone takes the time to input their specs. If you have a pre-built machine, you can get the specs from the manufacturer's website.

Lets show some pride in our PC's! Here is what the pages look like:

eq4idj.jpg

The About Me Page

1euzwy.jpg

In its own tab

If there are anymore suggestions please bring them up in a separate topic and I will look into working on them.

Regards,
KSoD
Tech & Computer Forums Administrator

Will add that option in right now to stave off them looking. ;)

There is now an option to select Pre-Built or Self Built. From there you can fill in the Manufacturer and Model. Will save time that way instead of having to fill in all the details.

Would be interesting if we could get new members to fill that stuff out prior to posting, would make life simple instead of always having to ask exactly what model component X and Y is... Then again, they would probably half ass the input....

As stated in the topic started by PP, I wont have it be part of the Registration for multitude of reasons. The first being the fact that not everyone know that information and the 2nd not everyone is here for hardware related information. So putting their system specs in is pointless if they want infection removal help or just a question on Windows.

Would be interesting if we could get new members to fill that stuff out prior to posting, would make life simple instead of always having to ask exactly what model component X and Y is... Then again, they would probably half ass the input....

we could have a sticky similar to Hardforum's sticky
Code:
If you're gonna ask us to build/list a PC for you or seek advice about a build, please answer all of the following questions:

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? 
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible. 
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need. 
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
6) Will you be overclocking?
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
reference linky

And a similar sticky for the troubleshooting forum.
IE -
1. what's your hardware configuration (and how to identify them if you dont know).
2. OS system
3. describe the problem. is it an isolated case? if not, how frequent does it occur?

but then, who reads stickies these days? I know I don't :cool:

The problem with stickies and rules are, people don't read them, and it's quite obvious. That's why I was hoping for some sort of reg process that can be skipped or something. If it's too hard, I guess we will just have to deal with it lol.

Back
Top Bottom