Which SSD to buy for my MSI 945GCM5 V2 Mobo?

Jnathan

Solid State Member
Hi there Folks !

I got this MSI 945GCM5 V2 , MS 7267 V 4.2 Mobo.
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/945GCM...ml#/?div=Basic

All my life I have used ATA, SATA Internal HDD's but now I want to buy an SSD.
Would you advice which one of the following would match with my Mobo? How would that SSD be needed to be Installed and would SATA III run on my Mobo?

Corsair
Crucial
OCZ
SanDisk
others

You've made your text white. It's almost impossible to read given the background colour of this forum. Fix it and then you might get some help.

Done. I didnt whiten it intentionally. This PC ran short of memory and the cursor abruptly got clicked on white coloring.

Ah, I did wonder.

Your motherboard has 4 SATA2 ports, meaning it can take any SATA2 or SATA3 drive, the latter of which is the most recent iteration. You can use a SATA3 SSD in a SATA2 port but you won't achieve the maximum throughput an SSD can give you unless it's in a SATA3 port.
However, it's not really much of an issue. You'll still get 95% of the awesomeness that SSDs give you even when using it in a SATA2 port.

As for the specific SSD to get, any of the recent drives from the following companies:
Corsair, OCZ, Crucial, Mushkin, Samsung, Intel, SanDisk, Kingston

Personally I have an OCZ Agility 3 60GB which has done me very well for the past year or so I've had it.

Hm , but I wonder why Corsair does not have MLC written on its posting in Newegg. do they mean its a SLC drive or they just didnt write it.
moreover, I think FORCE is just a sole model for Corsair where Agility is for OCZ, Am I right?

Would you help me out the differences between this two SSD's? Kinda hard to differentiate which is better and why this one is more costlier
Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

than this one

Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F240GB3A-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I guess these factors makes the Price Difference

High performance SandForce SF-2200 SSD controller

Native TRIM support (O/S support required)

RAID Support

BGC (Background Garbage Collection) - Very Much Important

Back
Top Bottom