I just installed new ram on PC, I get black screen from time to time at start up.

I'm having a hardtime using this Memtest because of my slooww computer. thats why i troubleshoot this issue by removing each RAM one time at another.

O ok, you guys are some of the freindliest people on the web for advice. I believe I fixed the issue. I did what you all said and it said that the ram was not damage. Ran the program from the boot menu. See this is a noob mistake but I had DDR3 1333 and switched it to DDR1600 and I had the computer over clocked when I made the switch. So last night I went back to default settings in my Bios and the black screen at start up stopped for good finally. I kept restarting the computer to see if I would get the same issue but I did not. I thank you all alot. I am thinking that having the ram speed OC from the previous over clock, some how made my computer blurp. Thanks you all. I do have one last question and it's more advice than anything. Would you reccomend getting a new graphics card???? Right now I currently have a 560TI and been debating about spending the 400 dollars on a 680. Would it really be worth it because my 560TI runs smooth still. Thanks.

O ok, you guys are some of the freindliest people on the web for advice. I believe I fixed the issue. I did what you all said and it said that the ram was not damage. Ran the program from the boot menu. See this is a noob mistake but I had DDR3 1333 and switched it to DDR1600 and I had the computer over clocked when I made the switch. So last night I went back to default settings in my Bios and the black screen at start up stopped for good finally. I kept restarting the computer to see if I would get the same issue but I did not. I thank you all alot. I am thinking that having the ram speed OC from the previous over clock, some how made my computer blurp. Thanks you all. I do have one last question and it's more advice than anything. Would you reccomend getting a new graphics card???? Right now I currently have a 560TI and been debating about spending the 400 dollars on a 680. Would it really be worth it because my 560TI runs smooth still. Thanks.

If the voltage isn't high enough when you OC the RAM, it can cause that to happen.

Yes, it's possible the DDR1600 needed higher voltage to operate, which you weren't giving it. That's just a theory, though. Or the frequency wasn't correct with the CPU, so it couldn't boot that way either.

Back
Top Bottom