Is this a good build?

Do you think that it will be okay? It recommends only 400 something Watts but it has 700. It also has a 3 year warranty

it will probably be ok.

you really get a lot more computer when you build it yourself. sometimes it seems like you get a better deal with the pre builts and then there is the non existent 'im not having to build this and thats a headache' cost, but in the end, you know that they are quality parts instead of a mystery meat compilation.

warranties are best when you dont have to use them. In all of my builds, the worst case scenario has been when something arrived broken. no big deal and send it back for a quick replacement. With all of the prebuilts that i have or family has gotten, there have been problems. even though they are warrantied in most cases, that is still a hassle in taking 2 weeks for them to accept it back and another even longer time for them to repair it... maybe.

it will probably be ok.

you really get a lot more computer when you build it yourself. sometimes it seems like you get a better deal with the pre builts and then there is the non existent 'im not having to build this and thats a headache' cost, but in the end, you know that they are quality parts instead of a mystery meat compilation.

This here is where you just shot yourself. Cyberpower and ibuypower do not make prebiults.. They have pre-configured selections, but you actually select anything you want from 20 choices. You choose what you want so its no where near a "mystry meat" build.

The markup is a couple hundred bucks, which is really not bad.

You're only negative is getting sales and rebates.

I talked to someone else who told me to replace the 700W power supply. Is it really needed? Should I really be THAT paranoid about the generic breaking?

Back
Top Bottom