Help, Questions About OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megadeth2 said:
yeah but i never said it ran good

oh i know...i was just agreeing with you. traded it for my sisters P3 600MHz L2 512K....P3 is probably 40X faster lol.

Oh yeah, I'm running Prime 95 right now. I just put in a case fan. The temperature on full load varies between 55 and 58 degrees C. The 520 has been oced to 3.01 on a 215 base clock. The voltage is 1.4275. Is it safe to oc it more and it runs stable right now. It runs on stock fan and the rpm is 2400. What should I do?

Oh man you REALLY need to get something besides stock fan that has a higher RPM and more CFM for air movement, the tornados are the best but are LOUD as all hell, and without a fan controller they are almost unbearable as I rarely ever have mine on full blast...

I would say do some research on what the 'average' normal temperature of that particular processor should be. As I don't know too much about Intel, the only thing I do know is that they run cooler than AMD's and when OC'ing I don't like my AMD do be in the 50's so with that in mind it seems like your Temps are pretty dern high...

Honestly man I really wouldn't push it further because your temps will definitely hit up in the 60's until you get a better heatsink and fan, and some Arctic Silver to put under it.

BTW: When you say stable...how long did you rune prime95 to come to the conclusion it was stable. They say minimum 6 hours, but I'm not satisfied with my computer unless it hits atleast 12+

aright yeah if it ran 18 hours with no errors then that's 100% stable, so I'd say be happy with that for now cause your temps seem fairly high for Intel, but I'm not an Intel advocate so I'm not 100% sure on how high is too high for those chips. But basically if you go more you'll hit 60C+ for sure, so wait until you get better HSF

Thermalright makes really good solid copper heatsinks. It's their SLK series, that's what I have, works like a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom