Question about my PC

firelikecool

Beta member
So... my setup is like this.
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3, AMD 990X/SB950, DDR3, sound, SATA, G-LAN, PCI-E, CrossFireX, SLI, USB 3.0, FW, ATX, s. AM3 / AM3+
Graphic card PCI-E XFX AMD RADEON HD 6970, 2GB DDR5, HDMI, DualDVI, miniDP, HDTV
Processor AMD FX X4 4170 BOX, s. AM3+, 4.2GHz, 12MB cache, Quad Core
Memory PC-12800, 16 GB, MUSHKIN BlackLine FrostByte, 997055, DDR3 1600MHz, kit 2x8GB
SSD 120.0 GB MUSHKIN Chronos MKNSSDCR120GB, SATA3, 2.5'', MLC-Chip, max. to 550/515 MB/s

650 W and a LG VGA monitor (E2251) 1920x1080.

My question is... why can't I run Skyrim on Ultra Graphics without fps lag in towns and in some areas? I mean, when I go on -set default options- it automatically sets the graphics to ULTRA. I didn't even set them like that. And then it fps lags on the beginning for example, in towns... it can go bellow 30 fps. Which is really sad. Could anybody tell me why I might be fps lagging? Also, the monitor can't be sticked in correctly because I'm using a device to be able to hook up my VGA with my housing. And the 2 screws that are supposed to go in the back side of the housing aren't able to as they aren't long enough. Could that be the problem? My connector is kinda shaky then. And also, it's not just Skyrim. Assassin's Creed Revelations aswell. Could it be because I got Nivida PhySX installed?

If you have any kind of Nvidia software running while having an AMD card it can cause problems. Not quite sure what you are talking about with that connector issue.

Your specs should be fine for the tasks at hand. I say make sure you have no Nvidia software installed, have the latest and proper drivers for your hardware, and you don't have any extras forced in the CCC (like AA, ect).

Yeah, but I need Nivida PhysX for another game since C9 only runs with that software. Also, what I mean by that is... the fact that I'm unable to plug in the connector completely. I'm only able to plug it in 50% just so that the screen works with my VGA monitor. Should have probably bought a HDMI.

Tried listening to your advice. But it kinda failed, I'm still FPS lagging for some odd reason. Do I need to install all of my motherboard bioses? Or is just @bios enough?

Your motherboard can only have one BIOS, and you should always try to have the latest installed.
Just to make sure, you've tried reinstalling your GPU drivers? (you need to download the latest driver, uninstall the old driver, reboot, install new driver, reboot).

Is it only in Skyrim that you get this FPS issue? If so I'd check to see if anyone else with the same GPU and/or CPU have problems with Skyrim.

No, I'm having trouble with a lot of games. Mostly because online games can't handle my ATI properly and drivers don't work for them most of the time. I think it has something to do with my graphic card not being able to send the proper amount of information to my screen because my screen isn't plugged in completely. Either that or something is wrong with my drivers. Should I completely wipe out my old GPU drivers info by going on safe mode and then deleting them from there?

No, I'm having trouble with a lot of games. Mostly because online games can't handle my ATI properly and drivers don't work for them most of the time. I think it has something to do with my graphic card not being able to send the proper amount of information to my screen because my screen isn't plugged in completely. Either that or something is wrong with my drivers. Should I completely wipe out my old GPU drivers info by going on safe mode and then deleting them from there?
If you can see everything on the screen fine then it's unlikely to be an issue. I still don't get why exactly you can't plug it in correctly?

If you want to be extra sure then sure, do it in Safe Mode.

Well it's not just Skyrim. Skyrim is going kinda 40-60 fps outside of the town, even thou it should go like... 60 all the time. But... there are a few more games that I'm fps lagging in that have A LOT lower requirements, for example Freejack Online. That's why I'm guessing that it's my monitor and not my pc or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom