I just installed new ram on PC, I get black screen from time to time at start up.

Hello,
I currently have a issue with my desk top, I upgraded my ram from DDR3 1333 to DDR3 1600 Mhz and I have 4 sticks that are 4 Gigs each, I have taken the sticks out and reset them in the mother board twice, I hear and feel the clicks that their set in to place, the computer is recognizing them. Every so often since I have upgraded, the pc will go black screen at start up. I manually shut down the computer with the power button and turn it back on it starts up fine. It doesn't do this every time. Im not recieving a error or a error beep. The mother board I have is
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard

I just need help figuring this out. In my Bios I changed the DDR3 1333 to DDR3 1600. Games seem to work fine, and also all programs seem to work fine. Please help. O yea I did not have any static electricity around and the proof of that is the sticks work, I only recieve this black screen every once in a while and it never did this at all before I upgraded my ram. The ram I have is

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

Thank you for your advice and help!!!!

All you do is boot off the CD of it and let it run. Any errors you get, you have a bad RAM stick. 2 passes is minimum. Overnight is recommended.

Also, if you get errors and can't identify the stick the errors were on, you'll want to test each stick individually.

Either burn the ISO to a CD, or create a LiveUSB. Either way, you have to boot off of it (can't be run within Windows).

That test will take ages to complete but if you got the faster CPU then it will be relatively faster. get it tested as one of the members said.

Back
Top Bottom