Need Opinions

Ok I'll see what I can do because my rig is coming out a little more expensive than I thought lol

So for right now I'm going with

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350

Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v

GPU: evga gtx 560

Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

RAM: Corsair vengance 8GB

Hard Drive: not sure what brand but 1 TB

With all of that would a 650 watt power supply be enough for all of that and then adding case lights and other accessories? Also is going way over on the wattage a bad thing?

for a hdd, i like the samsung spinpoint f3, but the wd black are nice too. but seeing as the f3 is $20 cheaper, i think it's an easy choice.
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

going way over in wattage isnt bad, but typically it's a waste of money. sort of like buying a ferrari if you just commute to the kwik-e-mart across the street. It will never stretch its legs. 650 watts is more than you need. you could do well with a high quality 550 watt.

The only time going overboard with a PSU is fine is when you are certain you will upgrade later on. For instance, if you are going to double up on some 560s in a few months and you know for sure, then go for a bigger PSU. If you only intend on keeping single card setups then really no point in bigger PSUs.

The only time going overboard with a PSU is fine is when you are certain you will upgrade later on. For instance, if you are going to double up on some 560s in a few months and you know for sure, then go for a bigger PSU. If you only intend on keeping single card setups then really no point in bigger PSUs.

Ya I'm definitely going to get a second video card when I have the extra cash, and like I said I'm going to have lighting with a controller too. So I was thinking about a 750 watt PSU.

So with the setup I have above do you think that 650w would be enough with two 560s?

Ok yea, I was thinking I would have to bump up the PSU a little if I wanted two cards.

How is everyone's feelings about buying stuff on Ebay?

Back
Top Bottom