Monitors

Mattmatt

In Runtime
So today I ordered my laptop, which I should be getting tomorrow, it is an ASUS G55VW-ES71, and I am extremely excited to use it. What I am in the process of doing right now is having an awesome setup in my room. I am buying a desk soon, so that is probably a key factor in this whole entire "setup" but what my focus is on right now is a nice, sort of big monitor that is good quality, over 20 inches, is compatible with my computer AND has game system connectivity, which I have no idea how to do. If anyone has suggestions on the monitor, that would be great. Also, a friend of mine is selling Dell E153FP 15 LCD Monitor - Black | eBay for $30 for one, or $45 for two. Should I even bother? It would be used as a secondary screen. Sorry to keep this running just have a lot of questions, but if I bought one or even two of those, would I be able to have the 2-3 running, and also have my laptop open to be used as a screen? I would want the mouse to be able to move through all of them, if you know what I mean. Thanks so much for reading this and (hopefully) helping me out!!! If you are interested on what I plan on doing with this "setup" and what I am planning on buying, just comment!

Your best bet is to get a LCD TV. Where you can connect your laptop (HDMI and DVI), as well as the gaming systems.

I think a 24" or 32" would work perfect. Can hook up the cable TV, too.

By the way, I see your computers and whatnot on your signature, how do you like your transformer? I know this is a different subject, but thats something on my list.

I would go to your local TV appliance store and check them out for yourself. See what the price differences are, if they feature more or less, etc.

I like my transformer. It was recommended by several of my friends. I also have it rooted, so I have full access to everything. I originally got it because I like those android phones, but I couldn't afford the monthly bill. So my sister-in-law suggested I get a non-serviced tablet. Since then I was hooked. I have several books on it that I like to read from time to time. Some games and misc apps.

Well, I was just recommended a TV screen, and now I am being recommended a monitor, I am still a bit lost, will the TV screen be able to have multi monitor capabilities?

if you are using it strictly for gaming. yes it will work. assuming your gaming console has HDMI output.

your laptop have 1 HDMI output
VH242H have 1 HDMI input
gaming console have 1 HDMI output

you will need to manually disconnect and connect either the laptop or the gaming console every time you want to switch. unless you get a HDMI switch.

if you wanted to record your console gaming sessions, make sure you grab the device that will be compatible with the monitor/tv you are getting.
for example, the VH242H will not be compatible with the hauppauge HD PVR. because it utilizes the component cabling instead of HDMI.

Thats actually very very helpful, so would you recommend a monitor that has at least 2 outputs, it doesn't have to have the recording capabilities, but it would be nice, so if you could recommend one that has the ability to do that as well it would be nice. Back to my question of the multi monitor setup, is it worth buying the one I linked above? Also, are the screens able to connect with each other with ease? Will I need other cords?

Back
Top Bottom