Input on Computer Components

kennylax12

Beta member
I am currently trying to build my own computer. Now this is the first tim that I have gone this route for investing in a new computer, so I would greatly appreciate some input on some of the compatibility/performance of the parts I have chosen.
Basically the computer I am going for is a high performance computer ideal for video editing, motion graphics, and 3D compositing. (Of course with the now and then addition of playing some games.)
Parts List:

• Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1155
  • EVGA GeForce GTX670 2048MB GDDR5 256 Bit
  • Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3 RAM Dual Channel
That is all that I have chosen as of right now. I am having a lot of difficulty choosing the right motherboard and case and would really appreciate some input on some choices. My budget I would like to spent on the motherboard is anywhere from $100-$250 and for the case probably a max of $120. As far as the case goes, I would like something cool looking, possibly with some LED on it(Just for looks). I also know that I have not chosen storage yet for the computer, but I already know what I have in mind: I would like 120GB SSD to run the OS on and at least a 1TB hard drive for everything else.
Any input on the choices I have made or recommendations on other parts that may be better for what I am looking for are all greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

what is your overall budget?

unless the programs you are using specifically can offload onto the gpu for computing power then the gtx 670 will be a real waste as those activities are cpu driven.

My overall budget is about 1,200 (flexible). The programs I will be using are Adobe Master Collection CS6, Cinema 4D/3D Studio Max, along with Element 3D for After Effects. A few of these programs use the "Adobe Mercury Playback Engine" which basically gives the gpu more of the work allowing for faster playback and real-time effects rendering.

When I was choosing GPU I was not entirely sure which one to go with. I read that you shouldn't buy the top of the like GPU because you should upgrade about every 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom