Radeon SE/XT/Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

lag

Solid State Member
Whats the difference between SE, XT and Pro?

I'm in the market for a graphics card, and I was wondering.

Thanks in advance.

SE is a waste of time. the pro is the standard and can be overclocked/flashed to the xt speed. the xt is the fastest and most expensive but usually a waste of money.

lag said:
Whats the difference between SE, XT and Pro?

I'm in the market for a graphics card, and I was wondering.

Thanks in advance.

SE = Shit Edition

They are neutered. For example, a 9800 SE is neutered down to a 128 bit bus width. Where as the Pro and XT are 256 bit. I also believe that the pipes were halved. Avoid SEs...the other poster is right they are a waste of money.

Highest to lowest:
XT
Pro
Normal
SE

Yea, this generation don't go with anything but the 6800GT. The X800 cards aren't bad at all, but none of them compare to the current Nvidia ones. I honestly regret getting an X800 Pro. Heck, Nvidia is king of HL2 and It actaully bears the ATI logo!

Obviously don't get the SE. Good cards don't come cheap and cheap cards aren't good.

beedubaya said:
Yea, this generation don't go with anything but the 6800GT. The X800 cards aren't bad at all, but none of them compare to the current Nvidia ones. I honestly regret getting an X800 Pro. Heck, Nvidia is king of HL2 and It actaully bears the ATI logo!

nVidia has really shown some improvements in HL2 with the GeForce 6 series cards. I actually didn't expect the 6800GT to even compare with the X800 Pro, yet even beat it. They're giving ATI some serious competition.

Thanks

I'll be getting a 9600 XT then, since I cant get a 9800, because my power supply is saudered, and doesnt have male/female connections.. Piece of Garbage, so I can only get the 9600 and under since it doesnt hook up to the power supply :p

beedubaya, for the last time nVidia is not the 'king' of Half-Life 2.

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2278&p=3

ATi provides better performance when AA has been enabled because Source was built to handle their calculations. Not because ATi is better.

Both manufacturers provide great performance and run Half-Life 2 w/ perfection.

Drop it.

im beginning to be highly unimpressed with ati's new generation the x800 which is basically on uber overclocked 98 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom