My headphones only get sound in the left ear when plugged into the front.

Bluehotdog5

Baseband Member
So when I plug my headset into the computer, I can either plug it into the headphone jack on my speakers, which is extremely buggy, and requires you to continuously unplug, and plug in again for 5 minutes before both headphones work (I need new speakers I know). Or I can plug it into the audio/microphone plugs in the front, which works instantly, except I only get sound in my left ear.

I assembled this computer from a bare-bone kit, so I've tried fiddling around with it on the inside, but couldn't figure it out. The wires that go to the audio plugs though are obscured by the cage that holds the hard drive and disk drive, so unless I rip the entire thing out, I'm having a hard time getting to it.

Do you have any idea how I could fix this?

Are you plugging it in all the way? Have you tried the rear jacks on the PC to see if you get sound out of both sides?

So you have tried plugging it into the rear jacks (bypassing the speakers), and both sides of the headphones work fine then? If so, there's something either not hooked up right with the header to the motherboard, or there's something wrong with the jacks in the front.

Well I have my speakers plugged in back, and both of them work just fine. It sounds like a problem with the front speakers. I could try plugging some other speakers or headphones in front, just to make sure.

EDIT: Yea I tried another set of headphones in front, and it did the same thing. It's definitely a problem with the front connectors.

Back
Top Bottom