Laptop Overheating

theryanzhuo

Baseband Member
Hey guys, the title explains it all. It is around 70-80C with just Minecraft alone on. How can I fix this?

Your CPU or GPU temp is that high?

Biggest things:

Blow out the airvents and such with canned air to remove any dust. This traps a lot of heat.

Also, what kind of surface is your laptop on? I would recommend getting a cooling pad to help out with the heat.

How warm is it in the room you're in? A warmer room = higher temps.

Your CPU or GPU temp is that high?

Biggest things:

Blow out the airvents and such with canned air to remove any dust. This traps a lot of heat.

Also, what kind of surface is your laptop on? I would recommend getting a cooling pad to help out with the heat.

How warm is it in the room you're in? A warmer room = higher temps.

Yeah. This thing is burning.

Is it worth it to buy canned air when I'm getting a new laptop in a few days? I might need it for the new one so I guess I might as well. About canned air, is there a very small amount of it, or it can last for a while?

My laptop is usually on a cool plastic surface, and sometimes on my lap. I sometimes have to put a blanket between the laptop and I to keep myself from getting burnt, although the blanket traps a lot of heat I believe.

My room is usually 24-27C. I keep the AC on a lot of the time but my laptop still can cook a pig.

Can you reccommend a good cooling bad or one with fans that is quiet yet not too expensive? Thanks.

Yeah. This thing is burning.

Is it worth it to buy canned air when I'm getting a new laptop in a few days? I might need it for the new one so I guess I might as well. About canned air, is there a very small amount of it, or it can last for a while?
Depends on how much you use. It can last a while if you don't use it all that often.

My laptop is usually on a cool plastic surface, and sometimes on my lap. I sometimes have to put a blanket between the laptop and I to keep myself from getting burnt, although the blanket traps a lot of heat I believe.
Yeah, you shouldn't put your laptop on a blanket. That makes it so the fans can't get any air, and the blanket (like you said) also traps heat. You're just heating up your laptop even more. Do what I do if you want it on your lap: get a big textbook, put that on your lap, then put the laptop on top of that ;).

My room is usually 24-27C. I keep the AC on a lot of the time but my laptop still can cook a pig.

Can you reccommend a good cooling bad or one with fans that is quiet yet not too expensive? Thanks.

Depends where you're from.

Can check Newegg and Amazon; I'd start there. I haven't shopped around for one for quite a while, so not sure what the average price is nowadays.

Can check Newegg and Amazon; I'd start there. I haven't shopped around for one for quite a while, so not sure what the average price is nowadays.

I'm not so sure which ones are food for their price I don't want to spend too much on a cooling pad, can you reccommend any?

The CoolerMaster models are excellent. I have a Targus one myself. Just go with whatever type you want really. They all do the same basic thing.

It may due to failure in cooling fan. If it not spinning the motherboard faults which exhibits by not telling the fan to spin fast enough to cool the device.

I bought a simple usb powered stand for my laptop which has a built in fan to keep airflow moving through the laptop, certainly helped out my situation.

Back
Top Bottom