need some help please

glifahrenheitcameron

Beta member
hello, new to the website. been a pc gamer for a little while, but only on a stock computer...ready to upgrade. first of all, i have a sony vaio desktop (all in one), model is PCG-2P2L. my first problem is that the backlight went out (i can take a flash light to the screen and still see everything, theres just no lighting). so my first question is, how do i go about fixing this? something i can do myself or do i need to take it to a shop?

next, i want to upgrade the RAM, video card, and power supply. i cant find any of this stuff for my model computer, help?

the computer played WOW kind of smoothly but i want to be able to run it like a champ. any help or recomendations are greatly appreciated.

Sorry, you can't upgrade your video card. It is built into your motherboard. Power supply is set, too.

As for the RAM, what do currently have on it? Get and run CPU-Z. Post up screenshots of the memory and speed tabs.

ahh that sucks. i'll post up some pics when i can, but im pretty sure the ram stuff is all stock. the only game im going to be playing is WOW, and i dont want to be stuck running the lowest settings with low FPS. so what would you recommend that i do to make this computer be able to run the game as close to the highest settings as possible? im not scared to modify some stuff to make stuff fit/work. oh and do u have any tips on the backlight problem? thanks =)

I can't find any information on it online. Yes I Googled the model.

To fix the backlight, the easiest way is to get a new screen. Open it up, take the old screen out, pop the new one in, win. But I can't seem to find your model anywhere.

Is that model number somehow a typo?

I can't find any information on it online. Yes I Googled the model.

To fix the backlight, the easiest way is to get a new screen. Open it up, take the old screen out, pop the new one in, win. But I can't seem to find your model anywhere.

Is that model number somehow a typo?

nope not a typo, on the back it says that the model is PCG-2P2L

on the front i did find another number though, says VGC-JS410F

and okay on the backlight issue, i'll look into that

Back
Top Bottom