Laptop Issue (freezing) please help!!

ClemsonAJXJ

Solid State Member
I have an Asus U50F, Windows 7, Core i3, 4gb ram.

I have not had any issues, until recently...

No matter if I am on Skype, playing a game, browsing the internet, or listening to music on Spotify.... my computer will just randomly crash and freeze. I have tried antivirus scans (AVG, spybot, and advanced system care 5) none which have fixed the issue. I have also done a disk defrag, and disk cleanup... At first I thought it was Skype causing the issue, but that is not the case..

The only thing that has changed is my power supply. I bought a cheaper power supply, and it does not give my laptop as good a charge as the factory one. It has also dwindled my battery life when off charger... could this be the culprit causing my laptop to freeze? It is frustrating being in the middle of a call or playing a game and having the computer crash all of a sudden....

Also thought it may be overheating, so I bought a cooling pad for it. Still did not help the issue...

PLEASE HELP!

Have you updated all of your drivers?

Check Event Viewer to see if it mentions anything under the system or applications sections around time of the freeze to see if you can help narrow it down that way.

Well getting less power into the thing won't help. As you have seen. The crashes might be caused by not enough wattage. If this is the case I'd go and buy a factory charger for your laptop and see if that fixes it.

Have you updated all of your drivers?

Check Event Viewer to see if it mentions anything under the system or applications sections around time of the freeze to see if you can help narrow it down that way.

drivers are all updated. I will check the event viewer next time it happens.

@Luke127 - That is what I am thinking. I'm going to try a few more things and if it is still happening, I am putting the blame on the charger...

Well getting less power into the thing won't help. As you have seen. The crashes might be caused by not enough wattage. If this is the case I'd go and buy a factory charger for your laptop and see if that fixes it.

Shouldn't really matter when on battery. A lower-wattage / amperage adapter will just charge the battery slower (or not charge it at all if the amperage it's outputting is less than what the laptop is consuming).

@OP: Did you update them from the laptop manufacturer's site, or the actual device manufacturer's website?

I updated the video/sound drivers through Intel's website. Have not checked Asus site out yet for other driver updates. Should probably try that

Let us know what you find out.

Also, check your temps just to see what they are. Use HWMonitor.

latest drivers have been installed. after viewing the event log and doing a little research, it seems event #7036 may be the cause. everything i read about it, relates to freezing. Could also be a possible .NET framework issue... (Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X64 stopped)..

event id 6008 also seems to be an issue, which seems to relate with overheating...

Back
Top Bottom