Registry Cleaner ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel,

Nope, never worked with this s/w. I use Registry Mechanic to clean out windows registry. Its good.

Vcom

The one utility everyone should have is: FIX-IT-UTILITIES 5 BY V-COM

This with out a doubt has the best registry cleaner and many other functions to clean and repair your PC. Its similar to norton systemworks but more powerful. I try and test every possible utility out there to see what good and whats not and this is something thats worth actually buying or However you plan to get it.

Then go get spysweeper 3.2 for spyware and adware problems and you should be set. AND yes spysweeper now does a better job than any other spy cleaner out there, webroot really deserves a thumbs up for this product.

Final note: You will be amazed how many reg. errors FIX it will find, but nothing is going to get everything out of your registry that shouldn't be in there, after you uninstall a few programs and what not run your reg cleaner whatever you choose and I guarantee you will still find remnants in your registry that shouldn't be in there.

Yes, Yes!!!

I have been using Fix-It 4.0 (Ontrack) for years and I am using Fix- It v5 (V-Com) now. They both rock!!! Everything is included. Easy Recovery, Defrag, Speed up, Reg fix, Reg clean, snapshot etc etc etc. The only downside: v5 is way slower when running reg fixer than v4.

SpySweeper! It does a thorough job and finds more spyware than Lavas Ad-Aware.

Many thanks to all for your inout, appreciate it. Special thanks to senior tech for taking the time to write up all that stuff and to the major. I will check out the utility suggested. I am kinda set in my ways and don't try out a lot of new things for fear of getting something I don't want...like a virus. I use Ad-Aware se and Ad-Watch along with Trojan Hunter. I clean my registry with Regseeker.exe(sorry don't recall who wrote it) and of course I have McAfee. I will check out Fix-it, thanks much again to all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom